Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Mark Bittman... I think im in love.. lol

I watched the TED with Mark Bittman talking about “Whats wrong with what we eat.” The video was not only informative but also entertaining. I really enjoyed it, and most of the facts and points he brought up were true. There are too many cows because people eat too much meat. Cows inparticular, but realistically it’s the same with chickens, fish and pigs. We are greedy and don’t need to eat as much meat as we are supposed to. I loved Bittmans explination of organic. If a salmon is raised in a farm, and fed feed it would not normally eat, but the feed is organic… Is the fish still organic? If the salmon is originally from Chico and is caught and shipped to somewhere in the U.S wrapped in styraphome is the damage done by the carbon worth it? He calls it “Organic by letter, not in spirit” and I completely agree with it. This discussion has really impacted me, and I will be eating less meat. We don’t really need it? Just because it tastes good, is the damage really worth it. I don’t think I can do completely with out meat, but I will cut down.

2 comments:

  1. Try tofu! It's a bit of an aquired taste..but it's pretty versatile

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post helped to show me what Mark spoke about, because i did not watch his presentation. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete