Friday, September 10, 2010

To TEXT or not to TEXT??

To text or not to text

Texting has changed life as we know it! I am one of those who wouldn’t know what to do without it. It seems that I text more than actually talk on the phone. It doesn’t matter if it is a full conversation or just a short “hi, how u doing”. I can remember before cell phones had text. Texting on the pager consist of 07734 or 30414. The conversation was limited for sure! When texting first came out there was a charge for each word. Now it seems like everybody has an unlimited plan. Texting has changed drastically. Before all you could do is write, and now you can add pictures, video, voice notes, and you can even email. You don’t even need a cell phone to text one. You can instant message, or just email directly from a computer. Although technology is expanding there still are some people who don’t or can’t use a simple texting feature on their phone. This is a simple way to keep in touch without having to call, and avoid long conversations. Like I said, I don’t know what I would do without the ability to text. Life would be over as I know it! How about you?

5 comments:

  1. I'm the same way, i pretty much never talk on the phone anymore, unless it's to someone important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember pagers had really good melodys to them, but ringtones on phones are legit now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally with you! Texting is my primary way to communicate with people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I like texting, but I'm not sure I am passionate about it as you are....

    ReplyDelete
  5. good point on not knowing what to do with text...sometimes it can be intence

    ReplyDelete